1. Does the Renegade handle grass, dirt and trail riding better than Evolves other All Terrain boards? If so why?
In terms of stability, yes. The different style of truck, combined with the wider hanger, give the board a greater level of stability on all terrains.
2. I weigh over 100KG (220LBS), can the Renegade handle my weight when riding?
Yes. Other than heavier riders experiencing a reduction in range, the board will hold up to a heavy rider better than all our other boards due to the new Carbon Fibre deck construction.
3. Can I swap out the Renegade Forged trucks onto other Evolve boards?
No. The Renegade Forged trucks required and angle mount on the deck of the board, and will only attach to the Renegade deck.
4. Can I swap out the Renegade battery or battery case onto the Evolve Hadean Bamboo?
The battery case itself will fit on both the Bamboo Hadean deck as well as the Renegade deck, however the motor controller on the Renegade battery case has shorter motor wire lengths, so it will not reach the Bamboo Hadean motor connectors and will cause fitment issues.
5. Are the motors the same on the Renegade Series as with other Evolve boards?
Yes. However the rear motor casing on the Renegade does have new smaller hole spacings to prevent debris getting inside the motor.
6. Will the 66T drive gear from the GTR and Hadean boards fit onto the Renegade Forged truck?
No. While the gearing ratio is the same, the drive gear is a different so you will need the specific 66T Renegade gear to fit the Renegade Forged truck.
7. Can I use the Evolve bindings on other Evolve boards other than the Renegade Series?
No. The Renegade deck is our only board with threaded inserts to install the bindings.
8. Can I fit the Renegade with an Evolve street kit?
No, the Renegade is designed to be an all-terrain board only.
9. What's the difference in range on the Renegade vs the Hadean All Terrain boards?
The Renegade uses a 20ah Samsung battery compared to that of a Molicel 16.8ah battery on the Hadean. Depending on how the Renegade is ridden, range should be a little more than the Hadean boards. Having said that, there are many environmental factors that can effect ride times when riding electric skateboards such as wind, grass, dirt, rider weight, tyre pressure and riding styles.
10. Why can the Renegade Carbon deck flex whereas the GTR and Hadean carbon decks are stiff?
The Renegade deck uses a different manufacturing process than all our other carbon fibre boards. The board is made by layering multiple Carbon Fibre sheets bound together by glass filled resin, rather than building a frame, which allows it to be flexible and insanely durable.
11. Which bushing hardness should I use in my Renegade Forged trucks?
The Renegade comes standard with 60A ‘soft’ bushings and are black in colour, this allows for tighter turning ability when riding. For heavier riders and anyone looking for more stability when riding, we also offer a 70A ‘harder’ bushing which is yellow in colour.
12. Does the Renegade series have more power than the Hadean series?
The Renegade and Hadean share the same electrical genetics, so you can expect the same level of power from the electronics system. The only difference is the Renegade uses high capacity cells, meaning more range!
13. Can I use a Hadean battery charger on my Renegade?
14. Will the Phaze remote work with any Evolve board including the Renegade?
15. Can I tighten the Renegade Forged trucks?
No. The tightness of the trucks comes from swapping the bushing inside the spring.
16. Do the bindings have a quick release?
The bindings use ratchet straps to tighten the pads to your feet. While these are easy to undo, they must be done with your hand and will not automatically release in an accident. Be mindful if you are using heels traps the bindings are designed to keep you attached to the board at all times.
18. Can I use other sized tyres on the Renegade?
Yes. 6, 7 and 8 inch tyres can be used on the Hadean, but keep in mind they must be used with the 66T Renegade drive gear.