All of Evolve’s most iconic electric skateboards are available in bamboo. When blended with fibreglass, it provides you with the ultimate combination of strength and flexibility. If you want to feel like you’re surfing on the land, do yourself a favour and get a bamboo skateboard.
Bamboo Skateboard Features
• We've partnered with one of the world's leading deck manufacturers to create a 3-ply bamboo 2-ply fibreglass deck that puts you in the goldilocks zone for flex and strength.
• Evolve has developed a battery design that segments the electronics so that the bamboo skateboard can flex fully, without damaging any of the battery components.
• Adjustable wheelbase - you can adjust the truck position to make them closer or further apart to dial in your ride.
• Perfect for carving. The bamboo deck is closest to a surfing/snowboarding feel.
• We have bamboo skateboards in all of our iconic styles - the Stoke, the GTR, and the Hadean.
• Whether you’re into street skating or all-terrain skating, we have bamboo boards to suit either. Like both? Get a two-in-one board.
More Bamboo Skateboard Details
Deck choice is a very personal thing and as we've found out over the years it's a pretty even vote for bamboo vs carbon. The good news is there's no wrong choice! Aesthetic preference, flex and wheel base are all equally important when weighing up which one is right for you. Our bamboo decks feature the best in old school craftsmanship to give you that traditional longboard feel with just the right amount of pop.
For the best flex bounce, you can’t go past a bamboo deck. If you’re after the closest to a traditional longboard and a satisfying feeling when carving in an electric skateboard, bamboo is definitely your go-to option.
Our GTR bamboo deck has extra deep flares on the edge of the board here to lock your feet in. This provides an edge to push on when carving in and out of turns. If you’re into sliding, you’re probably going to find the bamboo much easier to throw around. The GTR is our most popular board, and one of the models that made Evolve iconic. In street mode, this bamboo beast can hit 42km/h and has a 50km range, so it’s great for day trips and big adventures. The GTR has been called the best and most affordable electric skateboard going, and its reviews reflect that. Get a conversion kit if you want to swap the GTR from off-road to the street mode in under ten minutes, otherwise pick your favourite terrain and get ready to bamboo boogie.
If you’re after a smaller electric skateboard, bamboo decks are the ideal option. The Evolve Stoke bamboo deck is the perfect shortboard with a kicktail to raise the front, embodying an old-school surfy feel. The swallow-tail complements the entire look of this pocket rocket. It’s a great board for cruising down to the local or swinging around the neighbourhood. It can hit 36km/h and has a 15km range, so don’t waste any time thinking this small board is just for small trips. There are heaps you can do with it, considering it’s rocking the same 3000 watt motor as the GTR! Bomb up and down hills with no stress. It’ll even fit in your backpack or luggage if you’re thinking of taking it international. This is an explorer’s board, no doubt about that.